Sunday, October 17, 2010

Hello, I Love You, Won't You Tell Me Your Name?

Mallory has a couple posts on her blog that I just loved. So I'm stealing bits of them to share:

"There is somebody for everybody. Isn't it strange to think that the person you love, adore, and admire more than any other is the same person that another loathes, despises, and abhors more than any other . . . When you're running fast the other direction, avoiding a potential relationship with a person you don't love, there's someone else out there, running towards them, willing to give up anything for them . . . remember: that as you endlessly chase that man of your dreams, another gal, in some far away place, is running as fast as she can the other direction."

I like the thought of running towards someone. Though I hope it's not an "endless chase." ;) I also hope they'll forgive me for falling down a couple times before I reach them. I have a knack for being accident prone...

"I think when I am married, this change will not only become a relationship status but rather a definition of who I am. I am married. This signifies a part of our very being . . . The "I am" aspect denotes something about our very existence, our very being that is now interlocked with that of another. You become each other. It is not something you have, enjoy, need, or desire, it becomes the very essence of who you are . . . We must choose wisely who we marry; they become as much us as we are us. Are the people we are currently dating/marrying/courting what we want to become? Are they the epitome of who we want to be, we must of course, over look flaws and imperfections but are they fundamentally what we want to become? . . . If we can honestly say we are so in love, so passionate, so encompassed in the very being of this person that we want to become what they are - we must never let them slip away."

Love it. Props to you Mallory. Thanks for the food for thought:]

I'm not sure I'd ever sat down and thought about becoming so entirely like someone else. I used to look for someone different. Someone with different strengths than my own. Someone to compliment me in the areas I'm lacking in. And while I still think that's great, it's no longer what I'm focused on finding. Rather, I'm looking for a best friend- someone I think is so awesome I want to be them. A lady I know who has been married for 40 years told me that opposites attract until they're married. Then they pull apart. - I think it's time I switch my dating mentality. Sure, I enjoyed exploring new things with the people I've dated, testing out different aspects of life, but I think it'd be refreshing to find someone like me.


This is part of how I'm feeling at the moment:
Hello (Glee Cast Version)
I've been alone with you inside my mind
And in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times
I sometimes see you pass outside my door
Hello, is it me you're looking for?

I can see it in your eyes
I can see it in your smile
You're all I've ever wanted, (and) my arms are open wide
'Cause you know just what to say
And you know just what to do
And I want to tell you so much, I love you ...

I long to see the sunlight in your hair
And tell you time and time again how much I care
Sometimes I feel my heart will overflow
Hello, I've just got to let you know

'Cause I wonder where you are
And I wonder what you do
Are you somewhere feeling lonely, or is someone loving you?
Tell me how to win your heart
For I haven't got a clue
But let me start by saying, I love you ...

Hello, is it me you're looking for?
'Cause I wonder where you are
And I wonder what you do
Are you somewhere feeling lonely or is someone loving you?
Tell me how to win your heart
For I haven't got a clue
But let me start by saying ... I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment