Monday, November 29, 2010

I hate Winter

I was trying so hard to be optimistic. "It's not THAT cold." "It's the holiday season!" "The lights are pretty." "Pie!" But Winter and I have had a falling out.

I used to love the sweaters, the scarves, the hats, the mittens. Snuggies, fireplaces, mistletoe, and socks. Hot cocoa, peppermint bark, and chocolate Santas.

But this year, snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes are most definitely not on my list of favorite things.

Driving in the snow has terrified me into hatred for Winter. All I know is that you pump the breaks. I really need someone to teach me the ropes. Because I slip and slide in my lane and it's not a holiday in the park.

Tonight was the worst of it. I may not touch my car for a while. I'm so embarrassed. I got stuck not once, but twice and had to have guys in my ward help push me out. I'm really wishing I had an underground reserved parking spot right about now.

There's just no way I can handle about four more months of this. My car may quite possibly sit useless until Spring rescues me. I don't even care if it turns into a giant ice cube.

But maybe I'll just have a boy help me put chains on my car and teach me the art of driving in evil Winter. This is probably the best solution. Now I simply need one that likes me enough to help out. Fortunately I've got someone in mind. A little baking should be coercion enough, I think.

1 comment: