Friday, June 17, 2011

Dear World,

I don't hate you, so why have you conspired against me today?
Ok. I take it back. Today wasn't all bad. In fact, some parts were incredible. But some events have left a dark shadow over the rest.

I could be really negative about everything and be angry for a long time, but that doesn't help. So I'll try to look at the possible silver linings. However tiny they may be.

So about today....
I may be contracting chemical pneumonia from all the toxic crap I inhaled this morning for cleaning checks.
I can't paint my nails to save my life... (not a big thing, but I did once have a major emotional breakdown and my nails happened to be the last straw, so... significant in its own obscure way).
I found out my gums are growing and threatening to overtake my back molars (=PAIN).
Beekman 1802 Autumn scented soap.
Amazing hair day.
Got a really great job that I'm excited about.
May be able to take another class Summer semester, for FREE.
Mother Nature.
Got lost on my way to my cousin's wedding reception (Congratulations Sharon! Love ya! You're beautiful).
Got even more lost on our way to Park City. Which we never reached BECAUSE...
Possibly (Beyond a reasonable doubt) blew a front gasket.... overheated car, long tow truck ride home.... I'm expecting a bill that well exceeds my net worth...times ten.
However, on our "detour" the weather was beautiful and the scenery idyllic. Even if we almost did make it to Wyoming...
Our truck driver was really nice. Good guy. I hope good things come his way.


And even if my car has given up the ghost (the cost of repair is half the car's total worth, if not more), somehow it will all be OK. And as much as not having a car would suck, a tiny part of me would be relieved to see Penelope go. I've cried over that car far too often lately. But don't tell her that, another, more practical, part of me wants it to be a cheap fix;) but I probably shouldn't get my hopes up.


No comments:

Post a Comment